Larian Studios Announces Divinity: Original Sin
Belgian game developer Larian Studios recently announced Divinity: Original Sin, a prequel to the Divinity saga and a return to a more classic game style reminiscent of RPG favorites from the past.
Original Sin will be a return to a classic isometric perspective, featuring turn-based combat infused with modern game design like the innovative co-op dialogue.
Learn more about the beginning of the Divinity Saga after the break.
Divinity: Original Sin casts players as the two lead characters who fights for the defense of the land of Rivellon from the invading orcs of Tanoroth.
These orcs are blood hungry, vicious, and vehemently evil, yet they will find their match in the unlikely heroes featuring a condemned and forgotten warrior as well as a powerful mystic.
Divinity: Original Sin will feature:
- Class-free character development with plenty of unique skills, weapons and equipment.
- Creature and monster recruitment and summons that can aid the heroes in battle.
- Huge game world filled with quests, special moments and memorable characters.
- Item Interaction – if it’s not nailed to the ground, it can be moved, used or combined to make new items and weapons.
- Dialogue and choice matters – each of the players’ decisions greatly affect the game world as well as the end game.
- Turn-based combat system; a la Neverwinter Nights.
- Four-player cooperative campaign and multiplayer modes.
- Campaign builder - allows the community to create and share new adventures online.
Check out these Divinity: Original Sin screenshots:
Posted on May 30, 2012, in Gaming News and tagged divine divinity, divinity original sin, divinity series, entertainment, games, gaming, gaming news, larian studios. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a Comment.