Indie Spotlight – Guns of Icarus Online
There are a number of pirate-themed games that let players act out their fantasies of conquering the deadly seas as a pirate of legend. But what if the tables were turned? What if a game lets players take control of those who have to defend themselves against vicious pirate attacks? What if the player’s airship is armed to the teeth with eight powerful guns that can demolish those who would attack them? This is the premise of developer Muse Games’ upcoming indie title: Guns of Icarus Online.
So what exactly is Guns of Icarus Online?
Like I mentioned earlier, players take control of a huge airship piloting across treacherous airspace. It’s a cross between a first person shooter, a defense game, a real-time strategy game, and a MMORPG. It’s got a unique steampunk look, a frenetic pace, and is definitely an addictive-looking game that’s worth looking out for.
Learn more about Guns of Icarus Online after the break.
In the far post-apocalyptic steampunk future, players will control an airship that’s taking precious cargo from one port to another. Given the state of the world economy, pirates have grown in numbers and it’s up to the ship’s defense team to protect the airship and its cargo against deadly pirates in order to reach their destination safely.
Guns of Icarus Online allows teams of players to take captain or serve as crew aboard a heavily armed airship. It’s a team-based multiplayer game so players who work well together can conquer the shattered skies. Everyone in the crew has a job and teamwork is key to taking down all pirates and enemies who would attack your ship. Players can choose from from roles such as the Gunner, the Engineer, or the Captain.
Gunners take control of the airship’s heavy weapons and deal death and destruction to attacking ships. while Engineers move across the ship to repair damage caused by enemy fire. Captains on the other hand takes control of the ship and leads his or her crew to safety, away from pirate-controlled airspace.
- Unique ship-based combat system
- Genre-busting gameplay with strategy, navigation, shooter, and time-management elements
- True collaborative play: ship-based crew mechanics emphasize teamwork
- Pick a role to suit your play style: Captain, Gunner, or Engineer
- Competitive online co-op/PvP multiplayer
- Multiple ship classes and tons of weapons to choose from
- Extensive customization options: avatar, costume, ship, and equipment
- Equipment-based skill system: choose the right tool for the right job
- Realistic airship flight and weapons physics
- Environmental conditions affect gameplay: clouds, sandstorms, weather effects
- Balanced, competitive matches reward strategic, skillful play, not level grinding
- Rise in the ranks: stat and achievement system lets you earn titles and unlock new ships and equipment
Check out the brand new Guns of Icarus Online gameplay trailer below:
Check out the Guns of Icarus Online official website at (www.gunsoficarus.com)
What do you guys think of Muse Games’ Guns of Icarus Online? Does it look like a game that you’d like to try? Let us know in the comment section below.