Cross-Buy: Buying Retro City Rampage On PS3 Also Gets You The PS Vita Version
Canadian Developer Brian Provinciano recently released the highly-anticipated Retro City Rampage on multiple platforms. However, the most interesting of said releases would have to be the “Cross-Buy” between the PS3 and PS Vita versions.
Why is that you may ask?
Retro City Rampage is one of the first titles on the PlayStation Network to be part of the new “Cross-Buy” initiative. Meaning when a person purchases the PS3 version, they’ll also get the PS Vita version of the game at no extra cost. That’s a huge incentive for many Vita owners who are starving for content. Not only will they get one of the coolest 8-bit/nostalgia/open-world awesomeness that is Retro City Rampage on their Vita, they’ll also get it on their PS3.
Another cool feature of this “Cross-Buy” title is the “Cross-Save” functionality. Basically a PS3 RCR game save can also be loaded and played on the PS Vita version; allowing players to continue their game wherever they may be.
Hit the jump to find out more about Retro City Rampage.
Our Retro City Rampage review will be published early next week. In the meantime, check out the press release below!
WHAT IS RETRO CITY RAMPAGE?
Retro City Rampage is an 8-bit send-up to ’80s and ’90s video games and pop-culture. Mashing up the old and the new, it drops you into an open-world where you can jump on civilians for coins, then steal their car and outrun the law!
Whether you want to play the missions or just rampage the city and cause some chaos, Retro City Rampage has you covered. It includes both a full Story Mode of open-world adventure as well as an Arcade Mode for quick pick-up-and-play action.
IT’S PACKED FULL OF CONTENT
- Over 60 Story Missions
- Missions span every genre, from driving and shooting to stealth, rhythm, swimming, questing and more – all seamlessly taking place in the interactive open-world filled with shops, arcades and casino games.
- Over 40 Arcade Challenges
- Quick pick-up-and-play action with leaderboard competition and replay sharing.
- Official Crossovers and Bonus Games
- Minecraft, Epic Meal Time, Super Meat Boy, BIT.TRIP: Runner and more.
- Over 50 Vehicles to Drive and Equip
- How about a skateboard with a rocket launcher or a shopping cart with nitro?
- Over 25 Weapons and Power-ups
- From a bionic arm to a light gun, a boomerang to a “ghost busting” proton beam.
- Playable Characters and Cameos!
- Play as characters from other games, as legendary game developers, TV personalities and celebrities.
- Customize your character with one of over 200 styles.
- 2.5 Hours of Music
- Critically acclaimed soundtrack by virt, Freaky DNA and Norrin Radd; Available digitally, on CD and Vinyl.
- Cross Buy and Cross Save
- One purchase includes both the PS3™ and PS®Vita versions of the game.
- Save your game to the cloud on one system, continue on the other!
THE BACK OF THE BOX
This 8-bit nostalgic throwback warps open-world carjacking BACK TO THE… ’80s.
It’s a retro overload with over 60 story missions and over 40 arcade challenges. “Borrow” vehicles and outrun the law while mowing down your fellow citizens! Jump on pedestrians for coins, or use them for target practice with over 25 weapons and POWER-UPS! WHOA!
Purchasing this content entitles you to both the PS3™ and PS®Vita versions!